Internal Medicine Veterinarians & Animal Hospitals in Annapolis, Columbia and Hunt Valley, MD
As a specialty animal hospital, Atlantic Veterinary Internal Medicine & Oncology (AVIM), LLC specializes in diagnosing and treating cancer and other illnesses in dogs and cats. We provide advanced medical care for pets with extensive health problems that require specialized diagnostics and treatments. In most cases, we treat dogs and cats that have been referred to us by regular veterinarians. We provide more than a dozen internal medicine and oncology services, including ultrasound and endoscopy procedures, intensive and critical care, and chemotherapy. Call us today in Annapolis at (410) 224-0121 (option 2), in Hunt Valley at (410) 828-0911 (option 2), or in Columbia at (410) 441-3304 (option 2).
About Our Internal Medicine Animal Hospitals
Atlantic Veterinary Internal Medicine & Oncology, LLC was founded in 1992 as one of eight specialty practices of Chesapeake Veterinary Referral Center (CVRC). With a facility in Annapolis, Hunt Valley, and Columbia, MD, we have board-certified internists, board-certified oncologists, and practicing oncologists to care for pets. Our affiliation with CVRC also provides us with access to specialty services by the following CVRC practices:
- Animal Dental Center (ADC)
- Chesapeake Veterinary Cardiology Associates (CVCA)
- Chesapeake Veterinary Surgical Specialists (CVSS)
- Eye Care for Animals (ECFA)
- Veterinary Neurology and Imaging of the Chesapeake
We also have cooperative associations with on-site emergency clinics, the Anne Arundel Veterinary Emergency Clinic (AAVEC) in Annapolis and the Pet+E.R. in Hunt Valley and Columbia. When and if emergencies arise, these connections allow for 24/7/365 care of our patients with available veterinarians. With every service we provide, our goal is to develop a strong collaborative relationship with your pet, you, and your pet’s family veterinarian.
Our Internal Medicine Veterinarians’ Philosophy
We provide a superior level of veterinary internal medicine and oncology for dogs and cats through an emphasis on commitment, compassion, and competence. Here at Atlantic Oncology Veterinary Internal Medicine & Oncology, LLC, it our mission to:
- Function as an integrated team. Interaction of staff and veterinarians is considered essential for consistent and successful fulfillment of our goals.
- Provide and represent to ourselves and the public the best practice of specialty veterinary internal medicine that is possible.
- Be responsive to our patients, clients, and referring veterinarians.
- Provide alternatives and options of care for patients. These include consideration of quality of life, economic costs, and desires of the owner.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the referring veterinarian through appropriate communications and provision of quality care for their referred patients and clients.
- Maintain very positive and harmonious interactions with our associated specialty and emergency clinic personnel and practices.
- Provide a rewarding, team- oriented, and professional work environment. A mutual sense of responsibility, respect, and loyalty amongst all employees, administration, and employers is highly valued!